Careers At PowerNet
Our People Philosophy
At PowerNet we recognise that our people are critical to the success of our Company. We are a technology-based business that is growing and we employ people with the right attitude and skills to help us achieve our goals.
PowerNet is committed to providing a caring team environment. We believe in a balanced approach to work and personal life and we actively encourage professional and personal growth for all of our people.
PowerNet offers a wellness programme to encourage our people to lead a healthy lifestyle and maintain a good standard of health. The programme includes medical insurance, subsidised gym and swim membership, free annual health checks, flu vaccinations and optometrist visits. An independent Workplace Support person visits PowerNet regularly so that our people have the opportunity to receive support and advice regarding any work or non-work concerns or personal problems they may have.
We also “buddy” new employees to ensure that they feel welcome and to help smooth the initial settling in period. We have regular social activities and PowerNet also sponsors staff team sporting activities.
PowerNet offers Electrical Engineering Scholarships to students studying towards a BE (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering degree who are in their first professional year.
The three year scholarship covers course fees and recognised vacation employment. Prefrence is given to applicants who spent a substatial part of their youth in Southland or Otago. Applications are invited by direct notification to the engineering students at the University of Canterbury.
Want to work for PowerNet?
There are more opportunities at PowerNet to progress your career and because of the diversity of our business, there are a variety of roles within each strand of our business including:
- Engineering: regulatory, protection, planning, maintenance, modeling, mapping and performance of networks.
- Operations: contract management, project management, customer services, maintenance, and health and safety training.
- Field Services: Supervisors, leading hands, line mechanics, trainee line mechanics and administrators.
- Technical and Network Services: Technicans, electical fitters, cable joiners, inspectors, system controllers, network systems and automation technians
- Support Services: information and telecommunications technology, communications and marketing, human resources, health and safety risk and complaince, infrastructure managment including building facilites and fleet.
- Finance: financial planning, reporting, regulatory, commercial and accounting.
- Business development: Customer relations and special projects.
If you are passionate about what you do and would like to be a member of our team current vacancies are-
- Distribution Line Mechanics (Lumsden, Gore and Invercargill) Position Description
- Distribution Project Manager (Balclutha) Positon Description
- Field Training Officer (Invercargill) Position Description
- While we might not always have positions available, PowerNet welcomes your interest in roles we may have available in the future, particularly in engineering, project management, and lines work. If you would like to register your interest with the pre-eminent network management company in the lower South Island, email your CV and personal details by clicking here.